Kaanapali is an amazing place to live. Why? We were hoping you’d ask. We know we’re not the first ones to say it, but we can give you a nice list of reasons.
1. Beach! Kaanapali Beach has been voted the best beach in the world in the TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Awards, and we’re not surprised. This long stretch of sand is an ideal place for sunbathing, swimming, and other ocean activities. The north end of the beach comes up against Black Rock, which is home to dazzling coral reefs below the surface, so scuba divers and snorkelers love it. The weather is generally calm and the water is amazingly still on many mornings.
2. Views! The stunning views of the Pacific Ocean are breathtaking. You can see the neighboring island of Lanai and even Molokai on clear days. Being in West Maui means that the sunsets are incredible and unobstructed, lending it a wonderfully romantic tone.
3. Restaurants and shopping! You will find fine and casual dining experiences that are loved by visitors and residents alike, as well as a wide array of both affordable and luxury shopping. Check out Whaler’s Village for both shopping and dining.
4. Golf! Kaanapali is home to some of the most amazing golf courses in the world, such as the Royal Kaanapali Golf Course. This 6,700 yard par 71 Robert Trent Jones Sr. design is the host site for the Wendy’s Champions Skins Game, and stretches from sea level up into the foothills, offering a nice challenge to those who love the sport. The course itself provides beautiful scenery for the Royal Kaanapali Estates, which include 16 luxury residences, nestled up against the green. If you are lucky, you might find a couple of these beautiful Kaanapali homes for sale. The Kaanapali Kai golf course is another stunning design that provides an easier game than the Royal Kaanapali, and is also a big favorite.
5. Spas! Sometimes, after a long day of work, nothing is better than spending some time relaxing at one of Kaanapali’s soothing spas. You’ll find a wide variety of treatments to pamper yourself with, including all kinds of massage techniques, such as Hawaiian lomi lomi, or hot stone massage, which aren’t so common elsewhere. Zensations is the most highly rated spa on the island, but don’t take our word for it. Check out their five-star rating based off 104 yelp reviews.
Of course we could go on and on about other interesting things in the area, like art galleries, ziplining, horseback riding and such, but we feel we’ve covered the primary points that make for a luxurious and enjoyable lifestyle in our favorite part of this tropical island we call home. We hope we’ve given you plenty to think about, and that you’re at least eager for a visit, or at most, eager to live here. Have a wonderful weekend! Mahalo!