The tropical island of Maui is not just a place to buy a multi-million-dollar, luxury property for sale, it also happens to be a place where families can bring their children to enjoy a plethora of safe and fun outdoor adventures all year-round. So whether you’re planning on settling down in a luxury oceanfront home or beachfront condo somewhere like West Maui or in another part of the island, there are a few great beaches you should check out for a fun family day in the sun.
- Launiupoko: Located along Maui’s west side right before the town of Lahaina, this shaded beach cove is ideal for any family beach day! 6.7-acre shoreline site featuring a natural pool enclosed by a lava rock wall, picnic tables, bathroom, small surf, great entryways, and plenty of other families flocking here each weekend, you and the little ones won’t be disappointed by a day outside here.
- Kamaole Beach Park III: Situated on the island’s South Shore, Kamaole Beach is well known as a family beach on the island. With a smooth entryway into the Pacific, plenty of snorkeling, turtles to be found, there’s tons of fun to be had at this Kihei-location. This white sand beach also features a spacious grassy area with picnic tables, playground restrooms, showers, and a lifeguard is usually on duty.
- Baldwin Beach Park: If you and the family haven’t already had a chance to check out Paia, then make a day at Baldwin Beach Park. Located just as your endearing the heart of this hippy-ocean town from the south, this beach park is a great place for the family. Grab the boogie boards and head into the water and enjoy the surf along the way. You’ll also find a sports field, picnic area, and restrooms.
- Wailea Beach: A large beach in South Maui in the heart of the resort community of Wailea, there’s plenty of space for you and the little ones to relax in the sun and watch the sunset and dolphins and whales in the distance. Sunbath, snorkel, and swim to your heart’s content with access to public bathrooms.
- Hookipa Beach Park: This acclaimed surf beach is also a great place to pack a cooler of snacks and make a day of ocean play! While the surf can be large some days, there are still some swimming spots and you can keep the kids entertained by watching some incredible surfers do their thing in the water. There are bathrooms, as well as picnic areas and pavilions to enjoy a bite.
That’s a list of a few of the top beaches on Maui for families. Now if you’re looking for a home for sale on Maui, we can help you there as well. All you have to do is reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help you. We look forward to helping you soon.